It is estimated that over 80% of Doctor visits are related to excessive or toxic stress. Stress is one of the top health-related search words on the Internet. We all deal with it – often not well, sometimes overwhelmed. Why is this important?
- Toxic emotions can cripple our ability to enjoy life
- Toxic thoughts and feelings can make us sick and block our ability to heal and repair
- Toxic emotions can block our ability to detoxify toxic chemicals and heavy metals
- Almost all sufferers of complex, chronic diseases have an emotional component to their illness.
- Chronic disease is its own stressor – being unwell stresses us
- Painful thoughts and emotions trapped in our subconscious mind can create all sorts of problems without awareness by our conscious mind.
- Wonderful tools and therapies are available to help us release these negative thought and energy patterns from our subconscious mind
Your stress response is designed to protect you from a wild animal attacking to eat you for dinner – from immediate danger. This fight-or-flight response is a sudden surge of adrenalin and energy to save your life from an imminent threat. It is designed to be used sparingly – not every day or all day long. This fight-or-flight response comes at a steep cost when overused or abused:
- High blood sugar and High blood pressure
- Bone loss and muscle/joint damage.
- Burnout and fatigue
- Chronic pain
- Blood clots and heart disease with increased stroke and heart attack risk
- Immune System damage and increased risk of infection and cancer
- Accelerated aging
- Anxiety, depression, and brain damage – your brain actually shrinks when exposed to sustained toxic stress.
- Increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease and acceleration of Neurodegenerative disease
- Sleep problems – difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep. Since poor sleep can double the risk of heart attack and stroke, this is REALLY important.
- Chronic pain, headaches, migraines and TMJ or jaw joint problems. The chronic muscle tension and nerve irritability from excessive stress set us up for a host of pain-related problems.
- IBS, Colitis, Crohn’s disease, Gastritis, Ulcers and a long list of digestive problems are linked to excessive stress. When our brain and nervous system go into the fight-or-flight stress response, digestion, detox, and tissue repair are shut down to divert all energy to surviving the crisis.
- Weight Gain and Damaged Metabolism. Prolonged elevation of the stress hormones including cortisol lead to insulin resistance. This leads to fatigue and fat gain especially around the belly. This leads to elevated inflammation damaging our energy producing mitochrondria leading to fat replacing muscle – a disaster for your metabolism.
- Don’t let stress affect your health anymore—talk to your doctor about ways to combat stress to keep you happy and healthy. Call us today at(623) 776-0206.
Life can be stressful. Too much stress can lead to problems sleeping, spike your blood pressure and lower your body’s immunity. It is important to take steps and deal with the root of the problem. If your stress is getting the best of you, try one of these 7 tips for relief:
Exercise naturally burns off excessive cortisol – your stress hormone. Physical activity releases your feel-good endorphins that will enhance your overall sense of well-being. Try walking, jogging, biking, gardening or swimming—anything to get you moving and stay active will help to fight off any stressors from your day. It takes no more than a ten-minute walk each morning or evening to start making a big difference.
Not getting enough sleep? If you aren’t catching enough z’s it could be leaving you irritable and on the edge. After losing just a few hours of sleep, it can increase feelings of stress, anger and sadness. Try to get at least 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Sleep is the best anti-inflammatory we know for your brain and body. We detoxify, regenerate neurotransmitters, heal and repair during deep sleep. Do you really want to miss out on this? If you aren’t getting quality, deep, uninterrupted deep sleep, ask for a no cost consult with one of our experienced Doctors at Renovare so you can get to the root causes – and sleep great!
Emotional Freedom Technique(EFT)
EFT is a drug-free, safe, and effective way to help you let go of the subconscious “triggers” for your stress and sleep problems. A wonderful approach to help get at the root causes of your toxic stress response.
This empowers you to change your emotional state from stress to peaceful, relaxation. Clinical Hypnotherapy helps you think about your stress as a reaction to an event so that you can easily identify how to manage it. You may not be able to control all of the things that can cause stress, but you can control your response to them.
Brain Mapping and Brain Balancing Neurofeedback
Brain Mapping allows us to see your brain in action. By evaluating your brain wave activity and balance, we can see the patterns resulting in your stress and anxiety problems to help guide a “Brain Balancing” Neurofeedback program. This approach has shown the most promising results of anything I have used in over 30 years of practice.
Social contact is a good stress reliever since it offers distraction and provides support. If you are feeling stressed out, don’t hide away in your bedroom—instead reach out to family and friends. Cultivating social networks of friends and family will help your mental and physical health.
Eat to energize your brain so that it works well. Your brain is made of 70% fat so getting enough healthy fats like Olive Oil, Fish Oils, Avocados, Nut butters, Upgraded MCT Oil, and Ghee is essential. Foods that fight stress include blueberries, salmon and almonds.
Tired of feeling stressed? Don’t battle stress alone. Consult with your doctor to find ways to discover how to beat stress and help you lead a healthier, happier life. Call us today at (623) 776-0206.